Dr. Richard A. Wandzel, M.S., D.O., F.O.C.O.O.H.N.S., F.A.C.O.S
Meet Dr. Richard A. Wandzel who is a board-certified otorhinolaryngologist with over 30 years of experience in providing patients with comprehensive ear, nose, and throat care at his practice in Michigan. A Detroit native, Dr. Wandzel is fully committed to serving those in his community with the most advanced, state-of-the-art services available.
Dr. Wandzel graduated as a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine from Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine. His postgraduate training included an internship at Botsford Hospital, a year of general surgery study at Pontiac Osteopathic Hospital, and advanced residency training in Otorhinolaryngology-Facial Plastic Surgery.
Before his medical studies, Dr. Wandzel completed a bachelor’s degree in biology and a master’s degree in microbiology, and taught microbiology at Macomb Community College as a Ph.D Candidate. All of these vastly prepared him for his extensive medical training.
In addition to his extensive training and practice experience, Dr. Wandzel is also affiliated with several professional organizations, including:
Assistant Clinical Professor, Michigan State University
- Medical Trainer, Harper Children’s Hospital Detroit Medical Receiving
- Faculty Professor of Concordia University.
- American Osteopathic College of Ophthalmology and Otorhinolaryngology, Fellow
- American College of Osteopathic Surgeons, Fellow
- American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Michigan Association of Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons
- Association of Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons
Accreditation and Memberships
(held by various members of our staff members, most by Dr. Wandzel)
- American Osteopathic Colleges of Ophthalmology and Otorhinolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery.
- American College of Osteopathic Surgeons
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Academy of Audiology
- American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- American Speech-Language & Hearing Association
- Michigan Associations of Osteopathic Physicians & Surgeons
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy
- Sigma Sigma Phi: National Honorary Osteopathic Fraternity
Meet Our Staff Members
Colleen Shephard, R.N., Surgical, and Office Nurse
Jacqueline Lypka, MA, CCC-A, Director of Audiology
Lisa Berch MA, CCC-A, Audiologist
Melissa, Medical Assistant
Maria, Office Administrator
Barbara, Medical Biller, Office Administrator
Reception & Patient Relations
Meet our staff member, Lexi who enjoys greeting our patients and is here to ensure that your experience at Dr. Wandzel’s is a good one.
She hopes that each patient’s experience reflects our mission of clinical excellence delivered with compassion.